Monday 29 June 2015

Keratin Treatment Vs Thermal Reconditioning PLUS NEW COMER - MAGIC SLEEK?



Hey, Hi

Just a little disclosure " I am in no way a professional hairdresser, this is only my experience and my personal preferences! "

So the dreaded before pics (eek).... The first pic is four years old and is one of few pics I have of my natural hair. At that point I only ever used a straightener ( GHD ) and also had the occasional blow wave. The next pic is a very recent photo. (4days ago) Here my hair has been treated with Thermal Reconditioning, and my roots have (over) grown about 4inches. As you can see, once you go straight your hair never comes back... unless you shave and re grow but I'm not looking to do a Britney anytime soon.


 Results

Thermal Reconditioning




 This photo is the after shot from receiving Thermal reconditioning. Also known as Japanese Hair Straightening. This process took close to eight hours to complete.... so pack a movie and food and cancel all appointments because this takes a LONG time to achieve. 

To break down the process it contains six steps (some may differ)

Step 1: Your hair is drenched with the product and is then left to sit. The idea is to let the chemical break the bond of your strands of your hair that create shape. The hairdresser will keep on applying the product to your hair till it is fully covered (touch ups)

Step 2:Rinse time 

Step 3: They then blow dry your hair straight and carefully and painstakingly get a small strand at a time and straighten your hair. At this point you will already be happy with the result. BUT WAIT there is more!

Step 4: They than re apply more of the product to your hair, covering it again like step one. This time they may leave it in a little longer and put your hair under a blow dryer machine.

Step 5: Rinse time 

Step 6: This is the final stage and is just a repeat of Step 3! Finally its done !

**It is then recommended not to wash your hair for the next 48 hours to let the chemical set.


Costs:

Varies $150s - $1000s +
Depending on your hair texture and length and also your choice of hairdresser.
My hair cost around $200

Warning: 

Please be sure of this procedure and re evaluate how much you dislike your curls....
Is it really that bad ? Are you ready to say goodbye for a very long time or maybe even forever?
 
  •  Make sure you do not get your hair coloured before or after the process. If fact some hairdressers advise you keep away from colouring if you choose to do this procedure. You could loose your hair eek...
  •  This procedure WILL CHANGE YOUR HAIR! It is permanent ,you can not undo it. If you spend all this money and time on it you can not go back to your curls. 
  • It is very costly and you will need touch ups.Though the hair that is treated will be permanently straight, your hair regrowth will be your natural hair. This can leave your hair looking like my before pic on the left, which is awkward!
  •   No volume it is pin straight! - it can look a little wiggish 

The great side to this is that its very low maintenance and easy to manage. You may or may not need a straightener to style it. It takes away so much time stressing over your hair!

Keratin Treatment


 
This is a after shot after Keratin Treatment also known as Brazilian Keratin Treatment. The procedure only took two hours to complete.

To break down the process it was a simple five steps.

Step 1:Hair wash or rinse

Step 2 : Application of product from root to bottom.

Step 3: Product is left in hair for 30mins or more under low heat with a hairdresser dryer.

Step 4: Hair is blow dried straight.

Step 5: Hair is than taken strand by strand and straightened with high heat to activate the product in your hair. 

It is then complete!! It is recommended to not wash your hair for the next 4 days. 

Costs:
Varies between $200 to $400 +

But there are heaps of deals to be had on Groupon or Grabone with prices as low as $89 with surcharges.  Just remember to book well ahead of time or be prepared to go during the week as there are never ever any weekend appointments unless you pay full price.


Warning:

  • This hair procedure contains a chemical formaldehyde which is a known cancer-causing substance. (Wish I knew this before I went on with the procedure) Exposure to this substance can cause: Eye irritation and damage, including blindness.Nose irritation, including bloody noses. Skin sensitivity, rashes, and itching. Breathing difficulties, such as coughing and wheezing.


  • Your normal hair will come back after you wash it, you need to activate it again with hot irons.
  • The product is left in your hair so dry residue will be in your hair which can look like dandruff.
  • You must use sulfate free shampoo to maintain this look.
  • It is recommended to only wash your hair twice a week.
  • It can also be costly as this only lasts a couple of months.
The great side to this is that it is not permanent and for at least 2 months there will be no frizz in your hair.
Your hair still has volume, and it can give you a more natural look.


MAGIC SLEEK??

So this is apparently the new straightening product! According to people's reviews (found on the Internet) it gives you the same results as the Keratin treatment. The huge difference being that it does not have the chemical FORMALDEHYDE!! I am super excited for this to hurry up and enter New Zealand!!
 

I, now looking back, to be honest wish I gave my hair more of a chance. I don't do these procedures all the time in fact I only go for a treatment once a year. I am currently trying to grow my natural hair out and just concentrating on fighting frizz. 


Any who whatever you do, really examine your relationship with your hair. Do you want a permanent change or just a temporary fight against frizz. Are your curls really that bad?  Do your homework!! And do what makes you happy!!


Cat xx



23 comments:

  1. Keratin treatment products are specially created to contain natural keratin protein.
    keratin treatment sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does keratin hair straightening work that much better than chemical hair straightening?
    Keratin treatment hair straightener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jr.Williams it depends what hair type you have for me I have really coarse frizzy curly hair so thKeratin only game me a temporary fix after a month or so my hair returned back to its normal state. The chemical hair changed my hair permanently straight and the only way my curls came back was when it grew so it left me with curly roots and straight ends. Both have its advantages and disadvantages but like I said it depends what hair type you have and what you are after :) hope that helps.

      CAT XX

      Delete
  3. Hello ! My name is Tetyana . I would like to share my hair straightening experience ! At first I did the Japanese hair stratening and I wasn't really happy with it ,I have highlighted hair and it damaged my hair. After that I tried to do the keratin treatment because have heard it's a good product but it's not it wasn't working for my type of the hair. After I found out keratin has formaldehyde in it , my mom got very upset because I have done it to my hair . My friend then recommended me to try the new product called "magic sleek" and I'm very happy with the results! When I was sitting in a chair it didn't smell and it wasn't burning my eyes like the privies products did. I didn't have to wait for 3 days I could just wash my head at the same day . When the person said it's going to lease me for 4-6 months I was laughing because I couldn't believe but now I'm on my 7 month and it's still perfectly straight ( but I'm still using magic sleek shampoo and conditioner). I recommend this product because now I'm very happy with my hair and I don't have any problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your story....I am really eager to try magic sleek will put a post of my experience on this too...
      Thanks so much for stopping by

      CAT XX

      Delete
  4. Very interesting topic, can you post some further information on this subject.
    rogaine india

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Have you tried Magic Sleek yet? I'm looking at using it. Haven't used anything on my hair in 12 years and am ready for some help. I can handle my hair on Day 1, but Day 2 and Day 3 of not washing my hair is not pleasant. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fake hair treatment procedure and things are not for the most part solid for the hair. In this way, people must pick diverse general things, which will benefit them. There are different hair treatment things which are available in the market. Consequently, finding the correct thing is close by incomprehensible. Some privately settled pharmaceuticals fuse using hot oil treatment, keratin hair treatments, Carotene Hair Treatment, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had magic sleek done and went from frizzy mess to beachy waves out of the shower. I asked the stylist to leave some waves.The treatment lightened my hair a lot and weirdly my hair smells BAD, like it needs to be washed but the rancid smell doesn’t wash out. I’m going with the new color for awhile. I think I would go with keratin again next time even though I did not like bone straight hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. get best keratin treatment in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. keratin treatment singapore

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks https://thebestkeratintreatment.mystrikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. https://ca2king.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. https://expertkeratintreatment.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. singapore best keratin treatment price

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! https://www.smore.com/3azjy-keratin-treatment-singapore

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. check more info about keratin treatment

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. keratin treatment to buy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks For Sharing
    Dr. Paul's offers Best Hair Transplant In Kolkata with 100% guranteed results

    ReplyDelete